I finished my first workout program in two years! It felt good getting back to it, but I knew that if I was going to get the most out of it, I had to do it consistently. And I’m glad I did! This program made it easy to show up each day. Everyday is new and much of the moves I have never done before starting the program. It left me eager to press play the next day! Here’s an overview of the program and my experience.
What is Mes de Mas?
It is a 4 week, 6 day Spanish program by Idalis Velazquez. But it’s literally for everyone. More on that below. The workouts averaged 30 minutes and ranged from cardio, bodyweight training, and mobility. Yes, mobility! Those days were a much needed break, but still so good.
This program recommends you start with a detox called 3-Day Refresh (think lots of water, veggies, and fiber). I also recommend this and I started with a detox as well to reset my body and show my gut some love. This does have to be purchased separately. The Mes de Mas program as a whole is perfect for those looking for a sweaty routine, who have a desire to increase their strength, tone up, and use little to no equipment!
What materials are needed?
One of the main reasons why I chose do this program to get me back into the groove of exercise was the fact that it required zero equipment. Unless of course you count your exercise mat. The other reason I did this program I’ll share at the end of this review. Keep reading! Speaking of mats, I was blown away at how much you can do with it. We did so much more than just use it to pad our knees and elbows. I see them in a whole new way now! If you feel up to it, you can also grab a sandbag to up the ante. There were times when I used my medicine ball, which I loved, but would definitely get a sandbag next time.
Is the program only for Spanish speakers?
- Program Quickstart Guide – The Quickstart Guide makes it easy to get going on day one. You’ll learn what to expect from Mes de Más, the equipment and tools you’ll need to do the workouts and track your progress, quick tips for building a healthier lifestyle, and much more.
- Tracker and Nutrition Guide – This booklet is your all-in-one daily fitness tracker and eating plan. Record your workouts, meals, sleep duration, and Shakeology and water consumption, and follow the nutrition guide to make eating healthfully super-easy—even if you have zero experience with meal planning.
- Recipe Collection – Get the results you want without sacrificing the flavors you love! Enjoy some of your favorite Latin dishes with this collection of more than 50 delicious and healthy recipes.
- Workout Calendar – Every workout is different, so make sure you’re following the program just as Idalis designed it. The calendar will help you stay on track and get the most out of all 24 high-energy Mes de Más workouts.
- Quickstart Guide to Nutrition – Keep your body fueled for total success and your best results. This guide helps you upgrade your eating habits to optimize your workout performance and create healthier habits for the next 9 weeks––and beyond.
- 3-Day Refresh Program Guide – This comprehensive guide walks you through how this program works, what to expect, and how to prepare your shopping list, as well as your body, for the 3-Day Refresh.
- Spotify Playlist – Burn calories and strengthen your entire body to these hits ranging from hip hop to reggaetón!
You can choose Spanish with English subtitles or the English dubbed version. I enjoyed doing both. I felt like it was a great opportunity to brush up on my Spanish and learn a few new words. One of my favorites was Inhalar, Exhalar (Inhale, Exhale). I am not by any means fluent in Spanish, but I found it refreshing to hear a language other than English.
Who do you recommend this program for?
I recommend this to everyone, especially Spanish speakers. While it is a beginners program, I can say that it was challenging! With most movements I pushed myself by following everyone, but some days I took it slow and followed the Modifier. Don’t forget the Intensifier! They really showed you how each move could be taken up a notch. Idalis really knows how to push you to your limits and that was most empowering!
What does the meal plan look like?
The meal plan is neat because Idalis really took into consideration her Spanish-speaking audience. The meal plan includes over 50 Latin inspired meals and recipes with a healthy twist. I don’t know about you, but I am a sucker for Latin food, the spice, the flavors, the everything!
What all is included included?
The program materials includes A LOT. These are available in both English and Spanish:
Would you do this program again?
Yes! I’m glad I took a chance at this program and gave it my all. It was just what I needed to get me back in the game. I look forward to revisiting Mes De Mas in the future! Now I’m off to hit the weights with a new program!
And because you’ve made it this far …
Okay, so the other reason why I chose to begin with Mes De Mas is because I loved the title! I don’t know if you know what it means, but it means Month of More! It just totally resonated with me and I just knew this was the program to start!
Thank you for reading my review! I had so much fun doing this program and I know that you would too.
Convinced that Mes de Mas is right for you? Start with the challenge pack!